Welcome to My Blog!

A place where you can get a burst of inspiration to get you through your day!

Thanks for visiting!



Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

Monday, February 1, 2010

Have No Regrets

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11

I discuss "purpose" often for one reason only: I struggled with it for so long. There were many days of conflict within myself. There was one thing that I really wanted to do; but I never thought I "could" do. I never thought I had the right talents or abilities to do what I really wanted to do. I look at some of my friends, and they were the one's with the talent I needed. So, it was easier to give up the dream, and go with something safe. I would just go into something that I am pretty good at, instead of something that I am passionate about. This is what I tried to convince myself for many years. I tried to ignore "the voice". I tried to ignore what was eating at me day after day. I was miserable for years. But one day, I just could not do that anymore... I had to yield to the calling of God.

Do you know what your purpose is? Even if you say no, the truth is, you probably already have an idea. It is already within you. What is that thing that, if you didn't have to worry about money, you would do for free? What are those things that you are naturally gifted and talented at? What is "the voice" telling you? What are the visions that you have for your life? When you start asking yourself and being truthful when you answer them, you will be on track of knowing your purpose.

As the scripture says above, God has a purpose for your life. Don't let people's approval or your own self-doubt keep you from your blessing and purpose that God has for you. You don't want to just settle; that would lead to regret. Living with regret then leads to misery. This is not the life that God calls us to lead. He has called you to do and be more. Yield to the purpose that God has for you. Life is too short to live with regret. You deserve more.

A Throwback: The Call by Anointed

No comments:

Post a Comment