Welcome to My Blog!

A place where you can get a burst of inspiration to get you through your day!

Thanks for visiting!



Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Have No Fear....God Is Here....

For God hath not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 5:7>

We all have a fear of something. It may be a fear of spiders, snakes, or closed spaces. If not those things, a lot of us fear things that are tied into our emotions...such as, fear of losing a loved one, the fear of poverty, fear of being alone, or fear of failure. Many times, we do not follow through with what God has called us to do because of one thing... FEAR. God lets us know in His word that we do not have to fear these things because He has not given us a spirit of fear. It is only through Him that we can overcome those fears that haunt us.

I recall a sermon from Bishop Joseph Walker of the Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Nashville, TN when I think about the topic overcoming fear. It was such a powerful sermon, that I have to reiterate his 7 ways to overcome fear. Anytime that fear tries to creep up in your life, remember these things:

1. I've been chosen
2. God is with me
3. Sovereign God is my Lord
4. God will strengthen me
5. God will sustain me
6. God will help me
7. God will hold my hand

It was also reiterated in this sermon, that God has given us the POWER to do what He has called us to do, the LOVE to embrace what he has for us to do, including loving the unlovable, and the SOUND MIND to handle it ALL. So, what do we have to fear?

I leave you with excerpts of Psalm 27:
v. 1 The Lord is my light and salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?
v 5. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me, he shall set me upon a rock.


In My Name

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until you write a book or a devotional - it's going to be a blessing!
    - TDDrake

    ReplyDelete