Welcome to My Blog!

A place where you can get a burst of inspiration to get you through your day!

Thanks for visiting!



Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

Thursday, January 14, 2010

In The Morning

“For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities,
nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth,
nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39.”

Just about every morning, I wake up with a song on my mind, and through
that song, it helps me get going for the day. Recently, I woke up a
song called "In the Morning", by Ledisi on my mind. It is a song
that I have really begun to like because of the neo-soul sound and
mellow jazzy beats. I remember when I really began to dissect the lyrics
to this song; She sings, "..In
the morning, will you be here in the morning.. to love me, love me,
love me...."
After really listening to the lyrics of this
song, I discovered that it is actually a sad song. In this song, she
is wondering after spending the night with a gentleman, will he even
be there in the morning to love her with the love that she needs.
But sadly in this song, his track record has proven that he will
probably leave her again, and will not be there to give her the
love that she so desires. So she stands there...disappointed...again.

So how many of us are in this situation or have been in this situation?
Waiting for someone to love us? To give us the love that we truly want
and desire? And how many of us have felt just as disappointed as many
times as this person in this song.... we are left wondering and waiting
for a certain person to love you back the way that you deserve. I'm not
just talking about a male-female relationship, it could be that you are
disappointed in a parent who was not there for you like you wanted them
to be, or a friend,or another family member. It can be anyone who you felt
was not there for you. I think that we have all experienced that in some
light. The thing is that people will fail us, and they will not always be
there for us the way that we want to. Even if they don't mean to, they will
let us down at some point, just as we will let others down, because we all are
human and have some type of selfishness within ourselves.

So how do we find that love that we all desire? Well, the thing is when
we really look for love, we need to look above. According to Romans 8,
nothing we ever do, or ever say, or ever will do will separate us from
God's love. He is with us. Always. His love never fails. He will
always be there. Period. End of story. And when we look to him and
accept His love first, he can be that perfect guide in showing us who in
this world can be the person that can love us and be there for us the
way that we desire. It makes sense to go to God, cause he is this the one
that made us and knows us. He knows what we want, need, and desire.

Seek God's love. Through him he will show you your way. Because one thing
you will always know is that He will always be there.... In the morning.

In the Morning by Mary Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment