Welcome to My Blog!

A place where you can get a burst of inspiration to get you through your day!

Thanks for visiting!



Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Got Faith?

Faith. It is something that in this Christian walk that we face everyday, we MUST have. It is a requirement. It is a prerequisite to pleasing God. The Bible says in Hebrews 11:6: But without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. So without faith... we CANNOT please God. We cannot move into what He wants us to do in our life, we cannot move into our purpose, we cannot be who He wants us to be without... Faith. The concept seems so easy, but yet so hard...

I myself have struggled with faith a lot over the years. There are things that God has told me would come to past, yet I have not seen any evidence of it AT ALL. As a result, my faith has waivered somewhat. No...it has waivered a lot over the years. I sometimes wonder if I heard God right, or I question God if it really will ever come to pass. I mean, truthfully, it is hard to have faith sometimes. But I then begin to contemplate on what faith really is....

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." This passage in Hebrews 11:1, gives us the true definition of what faith is. Faith Is..those things that He tells us is going to come to pass, yet all odds are against you, but because HE said it, you still have that hope. Faith is... when year after year after year passes, and still nothing, but you still hold on to that hope a size of a mustard seed. Faith is... when God has given you this big vision, and you have NO IDEA how you are going to follow it through and on top of that NO money to do it...that is faith. This is what faith is. I will not be able to see it, because if I see it, it would not be faith!!

I want to encourage everyone this morning to faith this morning. Don't give up. Don't give in. If He has given you to, He will bring it to past. Not necessarily in the timetable that we want it to come to pass in, but it WILL come to pass.
God will do what He said He would do. No matter how impossible a situation looks, no matter how many years has gone by, no matter what.. do what is pleasing to God and what we need in this Christian walk and get.... Faith!

Leaving you with: The Best Is Yet To Come by Donald Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment