Welcome to My Blog!

A place where you can get a burst of inspiration to get you through your day!

Thanks for visiting!



Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Heartbreak Hotel

Heartbreak. There is nothing like it. I would not wish it on my worse enemy. It is a horrible feeling. Let's face it, we have all been through it. Most of us will think about that boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife that broke our heart, but heartbreak can come in different forms through different relationships. It can come through friends and as many of us can affirm, through family. Personally, I have had my share of heartbreak, and to tell you the truth, it has really gotten to me sometimes. I would often ponder on the Whitney Houston and Kelly Price song Heartbreak Hotel, and the relationship with that song was too real.... "...This is the Heartbreak Hotel....This is the Heartbreak Hotel.." Yes, I have had residence at the "Heartbreak Hotel", not understanding why things have turned out the way that they did. But I also understand and I hold on to the hope that this will not last always.....

In John 14:16 it says "And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide in you forever". In this scripture, Jesus is talking to and reassuring His disciples before His death; He is letting them know that He will be their "Comforter", and he will always be with them. God does the same thing for us today; He is a Comforter to us when we are heartbroken and He is with us always. If we allow Him to, He can and will get us through any heartbreak that we have experienced. It may not be an easy process, but with the help of God, we can make it. He promised He would help us through it all.

Allowing God to comfort me through heartbreak has helped me tremendously. He has given me the hope that I needed to move on. He spoke to me through His Word and let me know He has more for me. Sometimes I backslide and think about the past but I no longer live in the "Heartbreak Hotel". I have packed my things and moved out. God can and will do the same for you. So get to packing...moving day is here.

Comforter by CeCe Winans

1 comment:

  1. I am going to share your blog with my family. Your words are inspirational! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete