Welcome to My Blog!

A place where you can get a burst of inspiration to get you through your day!

Thanks for visiting!



Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Father, Can You Here Me"?

“Father ,Can You Hear Me ?” I know that so many of us has asked God this question at least once in our lives….and we wonder….does He really hear us? Well, that is a question that I have asked of God many, many times throughout my life……

A few months back, I remember reading about Tyler Perry's life and the abuse that he endured as a child. To my surprise, the article went into pretty graphic details of the physical, emotional, and sexual abuse that occurred in his life. Wow! It was heavy. Very heavy. I never knew an article could bring up so much emotion in me. The next thing you know, tears were just streaming down my face and then came the flashbacks…..the “raw emotion” of the history of my own abuse. The history of my own rejection. The history of my own pain. It just came out of me… right then! Going through that very heavy experience... I remember those times when I wondered if God could hear me…or did He even care? I know many of us can look back throughout our lives, and we have asked the same question, wondering if God is there through our pain.

Well, the short answer to the question is “Yes”, God does hear us. He knows are pains, He knows our tribulations, He knows all that we have been through in our lives. He is the healer and wants to heal us from all of that pain….and give us freedom and liberty. That is what 2 Corinthians 3:17 talks about “…where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty”. Our only job is to give it all to Him, and He can and will heal us from all the pain. We get stuck with our pain because we do not let it go, and give it all to Him. We have to let go and let God! We have to let go of the resentment we have toward the people that hurt us, and some of us even have a resentment toward God and ourselves that we have to let go…so that we can have true freedom! We have to be the people that God that has called us to be. If we hold on to it…it will hold on to us…and keep us bound!

After that experience I had, I found the scene where the choir is singing “Father, Can You Hear Me?” from the Tyler Perry’s Diary of A Mad Black Woman. The scene when the mother comes into the church singing who was previously addicted to drugs, always gets to me. It's such a strong message that is sent. She sings how she can’t do it by herself and how God is the only one that has allowed her to get help and helped pulled her through her struggles. Well, she is right! We have to remember …God is the only one can pull us through whatever situation we are in; we just have to allow Him too. Give it to Him, and He will free you from all your hurt and your pain. He does hear us and an ultimate deliverer!

Below is the video I described above; Clip from Tyler Perry's Diary of a Mad Black Woman:




more about "Father, Can You hear me?", posted with vodpod

1 comment:

  1. I have questioned whether or not God is listening to my prayers on numerous occasions. Sometimes, I feel as if I am simply drifting from one thing to the next with no real direction. I really enjoyed reading your post and feel like you were speaking directly to me. That’s the wonderful power of people like you who speak volumes through your words. You have no idea how inspiring reading something like this can truly be. Thank you so much for starting this blog! I look forward to reading it every morning!

    ReplyDelete